Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Nominee for VP

Marg Ouimet

Bio

I grew up in Kelowna,British Columbia and that is where my passion for sports began. I taught
swimming and skiing lessons and while my boys were growing up I volunteered and served
on the boards of baseball,soccer and football.

I am married to Ralph and now reside on a farm near Edmonton ,Alberta. I am fortunate to
have two sons and nine grandchildren who live in the area

I graduated with a nursing degree and specialized in critical care. I worked 22 years in the
Emergency and Intensive Care Departments. I was assistant head nurse in Emergency. While
nursing I set up and taught a pilot program for the paramedics through British Columbia. I also
flew with the Air Ambulance Team.

I am a Pickleball ambassador for the Edmonton and area and helped set up a fast growing
pickleball league in Spruce Grove. Teaching pickleball has taken me all over Alberta and
British Columbia and the past three years I have taught beginner and skill classes here in
Palm Creek.

I coordinate the medical teams for both our Resident and Annual Tournaments and help set
up Robson Ranch,s medical team. I teach AED, CPR and basic First Aid to our medical
teams and Round Robin Captains here at Palm Creek. I have worked for the last three years
to get a medical folder called the File of Life into the park. This is a great program which is
designed so that you can fill out your medical information, insurance information and any
allergies you may have,and then place the card on your fridge so that first responders can
better help you in an emergency.

Spearheading the float for the Electric Light Parade was an amazing experience as I watched
our pickleball members come together to create a truly spectacular float.

The last two years on the board as Director at Large has been a wonderful experience.
Watching the growth of the club membership and working with fellow board members has
been truly gratifying.

I am honoured to be nominated for the position of Vice President. We have come a long way
as a club over the past few years but still have work to be done. I promise to continue working
for you and with Sun Communities to ensure the continued growth.

Marg Ouimet

No comments: