Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Nominees



Donna Christiansen
2/15/2015


BIO
Spent 42 years in San Diego, California where I attended high school and college.  I married my high school sweetheart, Vance, 45 years ago.   We have one married daughter and one granddaughter.  We retired in 2001and moved to Whitefish, Montana.  It was our dream to travel and found ourselves at Palm Creek RV Resort in 2001.  We have wintered at Palm Creek for the last 14 winters.  So much for traveling.  We love it here.

I worked in the Home Health Care Industry for thirty years.  I was   General Manager for national, regional and hospital based home care companies that provided Medicare Certified Home Health, Home Infusion Therapy Services, Home Medical Equipment and Respiratory Services as well as In-Home-Support Services.
Pickleball is such a huge part of our lives while at Palm Creek and at home in Whitefish.  I feel fortunate that I was here when it all began. It has been amazing to be here as this fledgling Club began and to see such tremendous growth. I appreciate all of the hard work and guidance that the previous Board of Director’s have provided the Club over the years. Our Club is highly respected and envied.
During the last twelve years I have served on the Board as Club Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President, was the Tournament Desk Coordinator for both the resident and annual tournaments for eight years and a Round Robin and Women’s Shootout Captain.  I am currently serving on the Board as the Club’s Vice President during year one of my two year term.
My experience on the Board this past year, I believe, has helped me realize that I am ready to pursue the office of Club President for the next two years.  My many years of involvement with almost every aspect of the Club has led me to this decision.  I have learned from the best and the brightest of our membership, Board members and past Presidents.  The Club’s ability to be self-sustaining, the innovations and ideas of our members, the continued growth in player numbers, observing the elevated level of play through training and mentoring and the demonstrated love for the sport keeps me wanting to serve this Club.   
I am grateful for what Pickleball and this Club contributes to our lives and the wonderful friendships we have made.
I believe I can contribute experience, fairness and leadership to the Board and the Membership.   



February 6, 2015

LeRoy Schmidt

Bio

I have a bachelor degree in teaching from the University of Northern Colorado and a masters degree from Leslie College in computer technology.

I taught 32 years in the same school.  26 years as a physical Education teacher and 6 years as a computer science teacher.  During the 32 years I spent 26 of them coaching in one role or another (20 years as a head coach).

Upon completing that career I became an usher and then a supervisor of ushers for the Colorado Rockies Baseball organization for 10 years (1 year as an usher and 9 years as a supervisor). 

In 2005 Barb (my wife) and I began coming down south for warmer weather in the wintertime.  After just one year of exploring all the different places we decided that Palm Creek should be our winter home for good.  Since then we have been annual residents of the park.

In January of 2008 I started playing pickleball.

In fall of 2008 I started teaching beginner lessons and continued doing that for 6 years.  In the spring of 2009 I was asked and appointed by the board to be the tournament director for our tournaments.  Along with the position I became a voting member of the board and I served for 2 years.

During my time on the board the club was changing from and A B C system to a numeric system that we use now.  I was asked by our president at that time to also be the head of the rating committee.  I served in that position for 3 years.  Duties of the head of the rating committee entailed getting requests from players, coordinating between the players and the raters to rate them, rating the players, reporting back to the president, and making sure their rating was posted on the USAPA website.

When we moved to the new 24 courts I volunteered to be the maintenance coordinator for the club.  I served in that capacity for 2 years.  This entailed setting up the personnel for cleaning the courts, getting the PA system up and running, helping manufacture the blue boards for the round robins, and being part of building the new shed.

I would be honored if elected to serve the members of the Palm Creek Pickleball Club as their vice president.


No comments: