Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Nominees for Upcoming Election

Bio for Vice President

David Wight, age 58
Married to Sherry Wight
Raised in South Pasadena, California
Graduated from Pasadena City College, Construction and Apprentice Program

Relocated to Sonoma County, California and began business as a General Contractor.  I managed 30 employees and many subcontractors.  I have built many custom homes, mostly on the Sonoma Coast.

I volunteered for many community projects and fundraisers such as:

1.  Vice President of the Cloverdale Lions Club

2.  Vice President and President of the North Coast Wine and Visitors Center

3.  Served on the Executive Board of the Imaginists Theater Company

4.  Volunteered for the Alicia Rusch Burn Foundation for the past 12 years

We moved to Palm Creek last year in our R.V.  Within 2 weeks we bought a park model.  This is where we will spend our winters.  The driving factor was the Pickleball Club and the many facilities here at the park.

I volunteered last season for several events with the Pickleball Club.  This season I have volunteered for the sponsorship and vendor programs for both of our local tournaments.

I feel I would be an asset to the board serving as Vice President.
Thank you for your support.


David Wight


Bio for Treasurer

Don Bruce
Treasurer Candidate

This has been my 4th year in Palm Creek and I have seen the dramatic increase in the Membership over that time.

In the past years here I have been a Round Robin Captain, Mentor, and this year am the Membership Coordinator.  I play at a 3.5 rating level. Through these positions I have gotten to know the operation of the club reasonably well.

I operated for about 6 years as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Prince George Squash Association which was a club of about 250 members.  Although not as large as this club, it gave me experience in what is required of a Treasurer.  In those days the books were kept in a book, and now everything is being done by computer.  I am currently learning the appropriate program and do not for see any great problem in adapting to this method of keeping the books.

I have had my own company since 1997 which is an Oil and Gas Design and Maintenance engineering firm in Alberta, Canada.  I have worked on many of the large diameter oil and gas pipelines that have been designed in Canada and some of which have been built.  I retired in 2015 after trying to do so a number of times!

I look forward to being Treasurer and working with the rest of the Palm Creek Pickleball Club executive to keep this club and its membership growing.


Bio for Secretary

My name is Susan Baldwin and I am pleased to place my name in nomination for secretary of our pickleball club.  While I am a fairly new resident in Palm Creek (one year), I have been visiting my sister, Connie (Emerson) for the past sixteen years.  Ron and I live here 6-7 months each year enjoying pickleball, golf, softball and our other great activities.  We spend the rest of the year in northern Nevada in the Reno area.
My career prior to retirement was in public education where I spent over 36 years as a high school teacher, coach and administrator.  During that time, I served on many committees and participated in a variety of associations at the local, state and national level.
I started playing pickleball last year and am totally hooked.  I like participating in our Round Robins, shoot-outs, partner and open play as well as tournaments.  We are very fortunate to have such a great club and facility here in Palm Creek and, in order to continue this excellence, it takes many dedicated people offering to serve our membership.
I believe I possess the personal skills to perform the job of club secretary utilizing my strengths of organization and communication, friendliness and collegiality.  I am skilled in using computers and a quick study for any areas that may need additional knowledge.  I thank you in advance for considering my candidacy.

Bio for Director At Large

Hello, I am seeking the position of member at large. This is my 3rd year at Palm Creek, 2nd year as an annual. My wife, Sandy, and I are currently shadowing the raffle coordinator position and will be the lead next year. I also work with Chuck helping the 2.5 & 3.0 players.

Before I retired, I was a State School Auditor in northern California. I was active in the community, being a vol. fireman for 37 years, city planning commission 7 years, and a city councilman 7 years. I look forward to representing the club members.

Thank you, Tom Lindley

site #1742
cell # 530-230-8001


No comments: