Thursday, January 29, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
"Pickleball Patti" was there to greet us!
Highlights of the meeting:
The reading of the November minutes was waived and Joyce Staffen provided the treasures report. Both the minutes and the treasures report are available to members for review.
Sherry Renga was introduced as our new Social Director - if you know of a club member that is having a major event going on in his or her life, let Sherry know # 6248 and she will send a card
As we are a not for profit club the board reduced the round robin fee for January to 25 cents
The club members were told some repetitive stuff and we will continue to hear it until we get it right:
1. Court Etiquette - Pick up the ball and return it to the court it came from - do not slam it
2. Skill Level - Monitor yourself - If you have high scores in every game, for a few weeks it is time to move up. If you have low scores in every game, for a few weeks it is time to move down
The point is to make the game fun for everyone
3. Do NOT start playing until 7:30 AM - the park has had some complaints about earlier start times
4. Round Robins - if you sign up - show up - arrive at least 20 minutes early to sign in, anyone arriving later than 10 minutes before the start of the game will not be allowed to play.
If you realize you cannot play, erase your name and fill in the first name on the alternates list
5. Check with Donna Christiansen that your information is correct on the club roster, site #, e-mail address and skill level
The Round Robin schedule will be adjusted as needed - as more players return and new players join, Round Robins will be added
Vance Christiansen discussed the shoot-outs. He informed us that this is "Aggressive" play.
In addition he explained how players are ranked. If you sign up for a shoot-out you must be at the courts to sign in 30 minutes in advance
A.J. and Irene Fraties are in charge of Referee Training for this years tournaments - A.J. asked the club members to consider signing up for training - Monday's at the courts at 11:45 AM
This is a vital component of the tournament - you will be given as much training as you need so that you feel comfortable - sign up now!
Ken Reese talked about this years tournaments - all information is on the Tournament Boards (The ones with the glass doors and the key). It is requested that you check the sign - up board to volunteer to help with our tournaments this year. A sheet will be posted at the courts for players looking for partners for both the in house tournament and the 6th annual tournament. In addition Ken suggested if your looking for a partner for the 6th annual tournament, sign up on the USAPA website
It would be most appreciated if you submit your registration forms early for both our tournaments.
Registration forms for both tournaments can be found on http://www.usapa.org/ and at the courts
USAPA - we currently have 62 members - 12 of which signed up this year. Please consider joining - without this organization this sport that we enjoy so much would not be the same
Our next meeting is scheduled for February 18th - a huge turnout is expected - this will be the free annual Pizza Party. Sign up sheets will be placed at the courts - be sure to sign up so we have enough pizza!