Pages

Monday, March 9, 2020

Final Post - Farewell My Friends


Palm Creek Pickleball has been an enjoyable part of my life for the past 16 years! For those of you who do not know me, this is the first and will be the only time, I will tell you some things about my pickleball history on this blog.

We started with one tennis court, providing four courts facing the wrong way!  I refer to the early club, as the Pioneer Group of 40!
Many players today can not imagine a time when the entire club knew "everyone" and all gathered every Wednesday for " Happy Hour". The enthusiasm and willingness to volunteer were contagious, it caused our club and its reputation to grow faster than we could have imagined. We now have 32 courts, and our membership is 1,200+

The time had come when I was asked by the Club President, Tom Gearhart, to get us on the internet. With no experience, I started this blog. It was centered around our club, upcoming events, highlighted our club members, published lists of our club medal winners, club documents, and sadly memorials of dear friends we have lost.

Over the years, I wore many different hats. I served on our board for several years, served as the club historian, the co-tournament director for 3 years (my husband was the real director, he also started our resident tournament), I was in the background doing registrations, at the time on Excel, calling club presidents for ratings on their players, scheduling and negotiating with Palm Creek, promoting, and had our tournament sanctioned for the first time, etc.

I was honored by the club when they requested, me to be one of the first four players on the new courts for the ribbon cutting. (The real pressure was getting my serve in with an audience) and when given the volunteer of the year award.

I followed Nancy Brentano as our club Ambassador for the USAPA.  Throughout the years, I moved up the ranks of USAPA to the National Level as Assistant Director of Ambassadors and most enjoyed fundraising for St. Judes Children's Research Hospital ( it has been selected as the National Charity for Pickleball). I was honored to receive the Pioneer Award for the National Growth of Pickleball from this organization.

Last year our club president asked me to discontinue the blog as we had new things on the horizon.  I changed it to "IT IS ALL ABOUT PICKLEBALL"
Honestly, I lost my enthusiasm. I wanted to highlight to you, our club members not the sport.  I have posted rarely and yet still have approximately 1,000 page views per month. (Our busiest month was February 2017, 9,325 page views)

As of today, this blog has had 343,691 page views, thank you for your support and allowing me to have a good time doing this.

As many of you know I have been diagnosed with stage four cancer, it is not curable. This season I had hoped to meet with many dear friends. My season was cut short after spending 11 days in the hospital with kidney failure. I am thankful for those of you who visited me and those of you who I was able to talk to at the courts. I am sorry that I missed seeing those of you I hoped to spend some time.  I would always look forward to hearing from you: RosemaryReese@aol.com

                                           New Beginnings 

With every ending, there is a beginning.  John Winston has done an incredible job with creating a new website for our club, it does more than a blog could hope to do.  John has been newly elected to our board and also has taken over as our club historian. I hope you give him your support, as he represents one of the many club members over the last 17 years that has made our club the best!

Enjoy our new website:

                   WWW.PALMCREEKPICKLEBALLCLUB.COM


                                                     Thanks for the Memories
                                                      Rosemary Reese

4 comments:

Dan Hopkins said...

Thank You!

Roman Reigns said...

Thanks it was a wonderful experience being at Pickleball Party

erectile said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specially the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

Anonymous said...

For in-depth pickleball information see: Hawaiitennis.org